The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


Rating: 5.0/5.0

Re-Read? I have actually already re-read (twice!) this novel. It's definitely re-readable!

Recommend? I Recommend this series to anyone who reads Young Adult fiction. I believe it is my favorite book of 2009 so far.

Summery:

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost? (Inside the book jacket).

My Thoughts:

In this third installment of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments trilogy, bonds are tested and secrecy is in the air. Who can we trust? New characters are introduced and good things (and people!) are not what they seem. The long awaited answers are given but is it too late?

I thoroughly enjoyed this whole series. It kept me reading from page one till the very end. The characters are completely likable and Jace never fails to entertain me with his vanity. Some of my favorite quotes from the book are from him! I loved how Cassandra Clare added humor in a place where it's not likely to be. The whole supernatural gist of the novel drew me in, but the plot and the characters made me take up residency. What a world Cassandra Clare created!

There are very few aspects of City of Glass that I didn't enjoy, and even those made the book all that more interesting! It was a great ending to a phenomenal book series.

Those of you that are like me and absolutely adore The Mortal Instruments, please check out Cassandra Clare's website and look into the prequel series The Infernal Devices. Click Here for the website

4 comments:

  1. You make this sound really good! And the cover? Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for your comment! And you're following me!! Woo hoo! You ROCK! I'm going to return that right now. This blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Thanks! I love your reviews- your word choice and phrasing is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it so much! I did too. I gotta say, it's the best one out of the series. The other two were not nearly as great, in my opinion anyway. :)

    Love your layout btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, i have read and reread this book series like a gazillion times!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails