The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eli's Weekly Post -4

Hello everyone!! I apologize for being MIA this week- just started my second year of college!! This week has been hectic, and I'm STILL not unpacked yet (and I moved in on Sunday!). But I have a few things that are definitely coming up next week, so lemme give you guys some info on what I have coming up.



First off, I am so happy to announce that I was nominated for the Best Speculative Fiction Blog Award (i.e. Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi, Spec-fic) for Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW). You have no idea how thrilled I am to even be nominated! I was just going to humbly watch this years BBAW and maybe try to participate next year-- so you should have seen my surprise when I received my nomination email!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I know my chances of winning are not the highest, since I am a relatively new blogger, but the thought means so much to me.

Another really awesome subject I want to touch is a vlog Vania, Kelsey and I did last weekend when we had a little get together. It was basically a Books We Recommend vlog, which we had bouts of laughter and silly giggling jumbled in with a few of our favorite books. It was fabulous, and if you are looking for a few recommendations, I would check it out! Click here to check out the vlog.
Last but not least, Little Shop of Stories is hosting a signing for Jennifer Jabaley (author of Lipstick Apology) which I will be attending (with Kelsey, Vania, and Shalonda). It is sure to be awesome, so if you live in the Decatur, GA area, I would definitely check this one out. Ginger Rue, Author of Brand New Emily, will also be there signing copies of her book. There will be a lot to do, including a visit from Justine magazine's Spark Book Club, raffles and of course, meeting Jennifer! So now you know what I am up to.

Besides everything above, this week expect a review, interview and my very first (0fficial) Vlog. And maybe a contest for a signed copy of the pretty book above? We'll see!

7 comments:

  1. All great news! I'm off to watch the vlog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your nomination! I just moved from the Virginia Highlands neighborhood...wish I could be there in Decatur! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got nominated for the same thing!!!

    Good Luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your nomination!

    Your school starts early! My classes don't begin until the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll probably be asking you for tips on college life! Lol. Congrats on your award, you really deserve it!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails