The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Decatur Book Festival pt 1


So, I just attended The Decatur Book Festival which took place in downtown Decatur, GA on Saturday. It was fantastic! I had such an amazing time (though now I'm quite sore) and met so many great and wonderful people. So, lets start off with the Breakfast! At 8:30 in the morning...




The day started out with breakfast with... authors! We had a blogger and author breakfast that Vania set up and it was so much fun! The Bloggers that attended were Vania, Kelsey, Shalonda and Danni. The authors were David Levithan (top right, Nick and Nora's Infinite Play List), Aimee Friedman (top left, Sea Change), Diana Peterfreund (Rampant), and Jennifer Jabaley (Lipstick Apology). There were a few other authors/people that also attended like Shelli and a few others whose names I didn't catch (sorry guys >__<).



We all had such a great time jabbering about various things. Diana gave me pretty signed Rampant book marks (the first person** who comments and tells me a breed of Unicorn in Rampant will win a signed bookmark and a five dollar gift certificate to a bookstore of choice) and we talked about things like Dragon Con (since she wasn't attending the DBF and going to Dragon Con instead). Diana was so cute! I wish I could have talked to her throughout breakfast, but David stole her attention (I was actually really nervous to talk to David... his books are so well known that I felt fangirlish lol). So around that time, Jennifer Jabaley shows up looking cuter then ever! I went and sat across from her and Aimee and chatted. Everyone was just so nice!



So our food came and of course it was delicious! Shalonda and I both had a Waffle topped with strawberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream! Yummy! Finally Kelsey shows up with her sister in law and our little ATL blogging group was complete. We had to be at the AJC bloggers tent by 10, so we had to head out. After much hugging and picture taking (and Diana signing my book!) we finially left to make it to the bloggers tent, and as well as... a signing! Stay tuned for DBF: Part Two... the Signings! x)



**That person cannot be Vania, Shalonda, Kelsey or Danni. Lol.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I'm actually reading Rampant right now, I haven't gotten to any types of unicorns yet, so I guess I can't win): Anyway, wish I could have been at the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait! a Zhi! :D I love Bonegrinder xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay now that my adrenaline is gone xD

    oh wow! I've seen Vania's and Shalonda's and Kelsey's post and I can truly say jealous ;P I wonder if anyone stared at you guys LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a really great time! Looking forward to part two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you got to meet Diana! And all those lovely authors and bloggers. Thanks for the report. It looks like it was wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zhi is one!

    lookaftermyheart1901(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a blast!

    We have a lot of similar book interests so I'm following your blog now :]

    -Andrea

    http://ireadd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got an award for you!

    http://theladybugreads.blogspot.com/2009/09/spread-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails