The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr

Rating: 4.0

Re-Read: This is actually the second time I've read this book so I would definitely say this is re-readable!

Recommend: This book was a little more sexy then some other YA books, so I would put an older teen rating on it.

Release Date: April 20, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 352
Synopsis:

Hunger for nourishment. Hunger for touch. Hunger to belong.

Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers. Those same cravings also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies—including Devlin, the assassin who is brother to the faeries' High Queen. Ani and Devlin are drawn together, but as they grow closer, a larger threat imperils the whole of Faerie. Will saving the faery realm mean losing each other?

Alluring romance, heart-stopping danger, and sinister intrigue combine in the penultimate volume of Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series.

My Thoughts:

Radiant Shadows is the fourth installment in Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. Unlike books one, three and five, Radiant Shadows does not follow Keenan and Ash's story, but rather a side story. The new POVs, however, are just as essential as our main protagonists and story line. We follow Ani, a half-ling of the hunt and Dark Court and Devlin of the High Court-- Both Reason and Chaos' Brother-son.

Radiant Shadows definitely had a different feel then any of the prior books. It started up kind of slow for me, but then it really picked up pace and there was just a ton of action. It was almost hard to keep up with, with the constant changes in POV. It was also rather confusing at times, but further reading cleared up any confusion. I feel as though the storyline went everywhere and everything you knew about the courts just flew out the window with all the new information. It was definitely jarring.

Radiant Shadows is definitely important to the story line, though I cannot say why without spoilers. Lets just say things will never be the same and the mortal world just became that much more dangerous. I found Devlin's relationship to Rae and Ani interesting-- I'm kind of confused as to what exactly it means for all three of them, but I loved being able to see Niall and Irial's relationship develop. I hope we learn a bit more about it in Darkest Mercy.

Radiant Shadows left me hungry for more and I can't wait to begin Darkest Mercy, Melissa Marr's final installment in the Wicked Lovely series!

Details:

Cover: 4.0
Plot: 4.0
Characters: 4.0
Writing: 4.0

Source: Received from Publisher.

3 comments:

  1. Great review. I loved this book. It was darker than the rest of the books Melissa Marr has written, but so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think jarring is a good word for this one. It was unlike any of the previous ones for sure. The ending was just so intense! Hope you enjoy Darkest Mercy; I felt it was a very satisfying end to the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this has been a series on my WANT list for a while. It sounds so good. And to leave you wanting the next book is just an amazing feeling. :) Thanks for the review! I need to get this series...

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails