The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Guest Post: Tina, Fantastic Book Review

I would like to welcome Tina, from FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW! She is here guest posting about some very ghostly experiences. Thank you Tina for being with us today! :)

-Eli
----------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I’m excited to be guest blogging for Eli today. When she sent me her themes, it was so hard to choose because I love everything paranormal. So I finally decided to go with Ghosts. Why? Well, if you’ve been following my blog, I tend to throw in snippets about how ghost/possession books freak me out and I have my reasons. Well, today you get to find out why.

So I want to ask everyone - Do you believe in ghosts?

Well, it’s ok if you don’t and it’s definitely ok if you do. What I want to share with everyone are some of my “ghost” experiences.

*Warning* KIDS DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Ghost Story 1: 1995

My sister and I were visiting our grandmother ‘s over the summer and we were bored out of our minds, so we came up with this brilliant idea to see if we can summon Bloody Mary. Now don’t laugh! So, we had to shake our jitters off before going into the bathroom. Keep in mind that we had a plan on how if we summoned her, what our escape/evacuation plan would be (We have overactive imaginations guys). So it was decided that I would stand by the light switch and if anything happened, I would turn it on. So we go into the bathroom, turn off the light and get into our positions. On the count of 3, we said her name 3 times while spinning in circle “Bloody Mary…Bloody Mary…Blood Mary” and then we waited: – It may have only been 10, 20 or 30 seconds but it seemed like forever to me but there was a flash in the mirror of a face /apparition and I jumped back and slammed my back into the wall while screaming at the top of my lungs. Let’s just say our escape plan didn’t quite work out the way we planned. My sister jumped into the tub (like this was supposed to shield her) screaming at the top of her lungs “Open the door!” Now, we all watch those scary movies where the clumsy girl falls down when she’s being chased or when she’s trying to get the darn keys into the car ignition or the front door then she drops them or she’s shaking so bad she can’t get them in. I swear I have not made fun or talked crazy about these folks again because I could not find the light switch or get the door open (We locked it so no one would interrupt us) because I was shaking so bad. My sister and I tore out that house and did not come back in the house for at least 2 hours until we were calmed down by our grandmother. She told us “God don’t like ugly!” LOL! You Think?! Well, what can you say to that? We were so scared and we’ve never attempted to do it again. No Joke Guys! Until this day we have no idea what it was that flashed in front of the mirror but we both saw the exact same thing, I guess that serves us right for pulling a stunt like that huh?

Ghost Story 2: Year 1997

My family and I were sitting around my old house lounging in my living room just chatting and reminiscing about old times. All of a sudden, this draft just comes in and let me tell ya, every last one of us looked in the same directions and we were all like “Did you feel that?” First, The AC was not on plus the room we were in was an addition to the house and we only had a window air conditioner not central air and there were no doors open in the house. Talk about crazy and you know how if one person runs, you don’t care what they are running from you take off and run too! We all rushed to the back door and we were so shaken up we couldn’t get the door open. I almost got trampled and every time we get together at family functions, someone always bring that up.

Ghost Story 3: Year 1999

So my husband (at the time my boyfriend) and I were visiting his mom on one of our college breaks and we always play these trivia games to see who can score the most points. So I was facing the wall where his shelves were on and he was facing me and the TV. Out the corner of my eye I saw something move and when I looked over at his shelf, his overnight travel case was moving (I know I’m not a telekinetic) and I just started screaming and pointing to his case and telling him it was moving. And guess what? When he turned around it stopped. He was like “your eyes are playing tricks on you.” I think he said that for his own benefit because he didn’t want to scare himself half to death and ended up saying it was probably his grandmother watching us play our trivia game. LOL! Seriously that really freaked me out!

**My family is big on telling ghost stories, so it’s normal to hear them told when I visit relatives (They have all had experiences at my grandmother’s house), let’s just say I’ve been desensitized a little bit or you could say in order for me to cope with weird things that I see like this, I’ve adopted the “Out of Sight, Out of Mind” Approach. So If I see or hear something I ignore it unless my house alarm goes off. LOL! Sometimes I think I have a sixth sense and anytime something weird happens, it feels like a ticking in the back of my ear. I’ve heard my name called, I’ve heard weird noises in the house, the lights have flicked on and off and I’ve seen weird things. I don’t do double takes b/c I’m afraid of what I might find.

Well that’s all folks! I enjoyed sharing my stories and I want to thank Eli for inviting me.

If you love great ghost stories how about trying Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender. You can check out my review here.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! What an entertaining, fun and creepy post! Perfect in time for Halloween! I loved the Bloody Mary one--that reaffirms my belief that I should never say that three times in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post! I follow both you guys via Google Reader and I was excited to see Tina featured here! Perfect topic for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I would NEVER try to summon bloody mary... I'm too scared to try that and ever since I saw that episode of Supernatural where Mary shows up...*shivershiver* Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Pirate penguin - Supernatural is one of my favorite shows and yep, that episode freaked me out too.

    Thanks Kim and natalierenae! It was fun to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to let you know that you've been featured (again!) in my Weekly Wrap-Up post!

    Check it out HERE

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails