The Tainted Poet's YA Book Review:

A YA book review blog for anything out of the ordinary-- Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Complete with Reviews, Interviews and Contests-- So stay and have a look!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins


Rating: 4.5

Re-Read? This whole series is definitely re-readable and I suggest buying it instead of borrowing! You'll want to keep it!

Recommend? I recommend The Hunger Games trilogy to anyone and everyone.

Release Date: August 24th, 2009
Publisher: Scholastic
Pages: 400

Synopsis:

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year. (Amazon)

My Thoughts:

Mockingjay is a thrilling and terrifying conclusion to The Hunger Games trilogy. Throughout the whole novel, I was torn between worrying about Katniss, Peeta, and Gale while trying to understand how so many things can go wrong for one person. With adventure, tragedy, and a sprinkle of love thrown in, Mockingjay will definitely keep you turning the page.

I have such a love for both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, that I was really hoping Mockingjay would meet up to my high expectations. In fact, going into Mockingjay, I was sure it was going to be just as fantastic-- it's the conclusion to The Hunger Games! Enough said, right? Well, while Mockingjay was suspenseful, engrossing, and concluding, it was missing that spark that made The Hunger Games the sensation that it is. I wouldn't call Mockingjay a disappointment. It definitely held up to the standard that The Hunger Games set. I was just missing the emotional connection that truly held me in both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. For me, that connection was missing in Mockingjay.

Mockingjay was a lot more mature then the previous novels. There was definitely more gore and other terrifying happenings. The book took a totally different spin then I thought it was going to-- It really took me by surprise. While I wasn't completely happy with everything that happened, most of it was necessary and in the end the book had a pretty solid conclusion. I definitely enjoyed Mockingjay and The Hunger Games trilogy will continue to be one of my favorite book series... ever!

Details:

Cover: 5.0
Plot: 4.0
Characters: 4.5
Writing: 4.5

Source: Purchased from store.

3 comments:

  1. Must.Read.This.Series.

    I really need to hurry up, I feel so left out haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely do! Best series ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st book in this series was AMAZING!
    2nd book was ok.
    3rd book...not good at all. I didn't like this book at all, the main character didn't do anything! everyone else did! people just told her what to do she and she did it, thats it she didn't do anything for herself!

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think! I appreciate all types of feedback, so don't be shy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails